Thursday, April 3, 2014

March 30th 2014

We have been helping in the free English classes that the young Elders are teaching during the week.  I have attached a couple of pictures.
We also had a family night at the church since our families are so far away....

I just got "out" in musical chairs!

We had 19 people at the family night plus us four missionaries.  This picture is eating and socializing afterwards.  I had baked 3 strudels (among other things) and then just before we were to finish the games,  Russ put them in the oven to get warm.  After it was all over.  I thought where is my pan and what happened to the strudels?  Then I remembered Russ putting the pan with the strudels in the oven but he does not know how to work it so it never came on, (otherwise we would have smelled them)!  Duh!
 One of the 73 tunnels between Podgorica and Sarajevo where we traveled this week for Zone meeting.

Russ and "our" young missionaries looking at the spectacular view.
What they were looking at.....Look at the mirror image on Pivsko Lake.  The lake color is very turquoise but you really can't tell in this picture.


Seniors at Zone meeting from Bosnia and Montenegro and one couple from Serbia.  In front of us are 8 young Elders and 6 young Sisters.  Wish we could get some Sister Missionaries here too!

Traveling there and back, we have to cross this one car wide bridge to get over the border to Bosnia.  I got a finger shook at me from the border guards and had to put away the camera, at least they didn't confiscate it!

As for our projects this month, we have been very busy in lots of meetings.  There is a lot of "Red Tape" here.  But we have some new leads on some great projects now.  Russ has been working very hard on getting ready to teach a Self-Employment Workshop here.  There are so many people without jobs and we think this will be a good thing.  We have a limit of 20 people because of the size of the room, but if we have more interested, we will hold another workshop.  We had the workbooks translated into Serbian and we are having a translator for him, otherwise it would not work at all!

That's all for now!

 

1 comment:

  1. It's great to see an update! I've been wanting to Skype you for a couple of weeks now-- I just can't seem to remember when you're awake! I love you!

    ReplyDelete