Podgorica has been taken over by 6 huge Transformers. The Artist Danilo Baletic's father owns a scrapyard and they have spent 2 years working on this project. It is amazing all the parts of machinery they have used to put these together. First there was one, then a few days later, another one showed up, then in a couple more days we had 3 and now we have 6!The last one is 46 feet tall and weighs 25 tons!
The metal beasts form part of an exhibition called Transformers
defending Podgorica. These creatures have yellow or green or red eyes that are lit and even in daytime they are bright and scary looking.I had Russ stand in front of this one so you can see the size.
This one is HUGE
Soon after
we got here, I joined the International Women's Club of Montenegro.
They saved my sanity as there was no other place I could speak with
other women in English. From left to right, Anita (from Estonia) Cristina (from
Brazil, via Germany) Julie (from Austria) me and Nina (from Australia).
We are part of a jewelery club sponsored by the IWCM and we make one of a kind necklaces,
earrings and bracelets. We usually sell them in December at our
Christmas Bazaar and the money is used for humanitarian projects. This
year we had so many items that we sold them one day last week at the
Mall. With the money we made, we redecorated the Oncology waiting
area of the big hospital here in Podgorica. The last picture shows how it was furnished before.
BEFORE
Here we are at the Mall on the day we sold the jewelery. The lady next to me is the US Ambassador. Sue Brown.
Here we are at Sue Browns place on the 4th of July. Hot Dogs! Haven't had one in 14 months!
Local Pickup...Not many trucks around, there is not enough room to park them so they make do!
On the 24th of July (a holiday in Utah) we had a party at the church with some of our English class students.
Game Time...most of the student are male. I was just glad one other female came!
You are doing a great job! I just published our blog into a book. It was very easy to do and we now have a "scrapbook". Love seeing you both wearing your LDS Charity shirts. We are preparing to leave September 19th for our new assignment - we will be like the Stays working in Auckland, New Zealand. Our couples will be in the islands. As we talk to people, we can tell they do things differently there. We will learn and know that there is something the Lord wants us to do there. Keep up the good work. I love the Transformers. I plan to share them with my grandsons.
I can't wait to show Kyle the transformer pictures! He's going to love them! The room makeover looks great!
ReplyDeleteYou are doing a great job! I just published our blog into a book. It was very easy to do and we now have a "scrapbook". Love seeing you both wearing your LDS Charity shirts. We are preparing to leave September 19th for our new assignment - we will be like the Stays working in Auckland, New Zealand. Our couples will be in the islands. As we talk to people, we can tell they do things differently there. We will learn and know that there is something the Lord wants us to do there. Keep up the good work. I love the Transformers. I plan to share them with my grandsons.
ReplyDeleteI love all of your pictures....especially that artwork! You should get Russ to make one for your yard when you get home. :)
ReplyDeleteI can see Russ making one of the Transformers when you get home. Have thoroughly enjoyed your pictures. The room makeover looks wonderful. Good job :)
ReplyDelete